Our Heritage Satsuma mandarin trees were planted in the early 1960's by Steve's Grandfather, Edmund Pilz. The southern exposure on our ranch provides the perfect climate and conditions for citrus production. The Pilz Produce at Hillcrest ranch has about 12 acres in delicious, sweet, seedless Satsuma mandarins.
the National News
Our tree-ripened, easy-to-peel fruit is in high demand. In fact, Placer County mandarins have recently made the rounds on national news stations and newspapers because of their naturally occurring decongestants! That's right - mandarins are proven to help keep you healthy! We are proud to say that people have been bringing their friends and families to visit our ranch for several generations.
NOVEMBER 2013---the mandarins are slowly turning color! We hope to start filling orders around 18th. We will again be selling by APPOINTMENT only. Steve will again, be our main picker. That is the need for the appointments or pick up at the Farmers Market. It is best to email us at email@example.com. Please get on the waiting list early. We will call or email as we get closer to your name on the list.
Please understand that we are a small family farm. We try to keep up with the orders, but sometimes weather gets in the way. We sometimes have to delay the picking of the fruit. We will always keep you posted as to the status of our picking and orders ahead of you.
Thank you for supporting our livelihood of Farming!
Please note new email firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 PRICES FOR INVITED CUSTOMERS ONLY (same as 2011 & 2012)
- Field Lugs (40 pounds) No shipping on these $40.00
- 1/2 field lug (20 pounds) No shipping on these $25.00
- 10 Pound bag No shipping on these $15.00
- USPS Flat Rate Priority boxes: Medium box $34.00 or Large box $40.00 shipped anywhere in the continent of the U.S.A.
- We also offer our own boxes in 25 pound sizes, shipped UPS. Please call or send us an email for pricing on these.
- No sized or Fancy packed fruit this year.
- 10 pound box $16.00 (no fancy pack fruit)
- 25 pound box $39.00 (no fancy pack fruit)
- Seconds $25.00 (approximately 40 pounds) available by order only and no shipping on these.
We will have bagged fruit available at Echo Valley Feed in Auburn and at Foothill Farmers markets on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
See the Purchase page for more details on ordering.